Ren'Py Home for Wayward Travellers [v0.7.1] [Aegis]

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Locations/kitchen.rpy", line 79, in script
    jump taliaquest17
ScriptError: could not find label 'taliaquest17'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump taliaquest17
  File "D:\a_test\Homeforwaywardtravelers-0.6-pc\Homeforwaywardtravelers-0.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1992, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\a_test\Homeforwaywardtravelers-0.6-pc\Homeforwaywardtravelers-0.6-pc\renpy\script.py", line 1013, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Home for wayward travelers 0.6
Sun Aug 25 12:02:08 2024

Aegis_Games

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2023
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    jump taliaquest17

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump taliaquest17
  File "D:\a_test\Homeforwaywardtravelers-0.6-pc\Homeforwaywardtravelers-0.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1992, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\a_test\Homeforwaywardtravelers-0.6-pc\Homeforwaywardtravelers-0.6-pc\renpy\script.py", line 1013, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Home for wayward travelers 0.6
Sun Aug 25 12:02:08 2024
My bad, must have used the 0.7 code to build the patch so you have the quest triggers but not the quests, supprised no one else ran into this already to be honest, this should fix it. note that this patch will not add in any quests as they are from the next update it just prevents the game from trying to run them.

Unzip and drop all the rpy files into the locations folder that is in the game folder. and overwrite.

Aegis_Games

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2023
Version 0.7.1 has been released and should be here shortly.

With 24 new quests, 18 main (three each) and 6 secondary.

Patch Notes.

Fixed some typos
Fixed one of the main characters lines being attributed to winona.
Started to Organise the files in the image folder, this won't make a difference gameplay wise but makes me ever so slightly more efficient in the long run.

Version 0.6 patches integrated.

Hope you Enjoy

shribbib

Sep 10, 2020
Wincest Patch.

unzip and drop both files into the 'side character' folder (found in the game folder) and overwrite.

And as usual do not use this patch with any future versions of the game that update these characters it will break it.

Reactions: filochard

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Home for Wayward Travellers [v0.7.1] [Aegis] - Compressed

Win/Linux [1,61 GB]
- - - -

Mac [1,60 GB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
HomeForWaywardTravellers-0.7.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
To the dev: (If they happen to see this) I know you're prolly discouraged from low ratings but you have three major issues that you can work on for a better player experience.

1. The angles. Most of the camera angles in this are not good. The shots are far too wide, and especially with basic Honey select, the lighting and environments do NO favors for images. There's one scene where in the background there's just a floating shadow of fruits (that aren't even on screen) because HS has shit lighting. That's not your fault entirely, that's on Illusion for making a bad lighting system. If you tighten up, ie get closer, to the characters the game will feel less empty. And the characters wont feel so small. There's a kiss scene where I had to question if she kissed MC because she was so far away from the camera. Same for the navigation, there's so much empty space in all the locations, it all feels sterile.

2. The dialogue. From what I played, every event is between like 10 and 30 lines. That's barely a minute each. Let your characters talk. Don't be afraid to drag a scene out. Another issue is how they talk, which you unfortunately waved away with two lines saying they've all been educated to talk normally. What you could have done(and still could) is incorporated vernacular closer to their time and place of origin. Because all of these women have AT LEAST 200 years separating them. You have one from Japan ~900s, then 1300s and 1600s "Europe", next is 1800 America, 2500 "no origin given", and the last is a mystery box that is probably going to be part of the problem and feel bad about it and is forgiven one scene later. But I digress. Those were all opportunities to have words and phrases from all over to make talking more interesting. Which is a big issue because the dialogue is a little baby-ish and bland, hopefully things get a little better, but it does need to be worked on.

3. The UI. IT IS TOO HARD TO SEE ANYTHING. The sandbox UI is too thin and/or too small. The movement arrows are too hard to see. The tiny words on every room need to be brighter and have an outline, or move the tooltip to somewhere more visible and bigger.. The navigation buttons are too far apart. The floor levels or whatever they're called need a background to be more noticeable. And the questlog button needs to be more visible as well. And beyond that, one grip I have for ALL devs, is the DEFAULT renpy UI. Change the font, texbox, main and pause menus. I know it's tedious, but it will add personality to your game. I see glimmers of it, but with the default UI it makes it FEEL like there's no effort, which I can clearly see there is.

None of this is meant to be harsh, just real. There's a diamond in here somewhere, you just got start polishing.

Reactions: dpasta11

Aegis_Games

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2023
To the dev: (If they happen to see this) I know you're prolly discouraged from low ratings but you have three major issues that you can work on for a better player experience.

1. The angles. Most of the camera angles in this are not good. The shots are far too wide, and especially with basic Honey select, the lighting and environments do NO favors for images. There's one scene where in the background there's just a floating shadow of fruits (that aren't even on screen) because HS has shit lighting. That's not your fault entirely, that's on Illusion for making a bad lighting system. If you tighten up, ie get closer, to the characters the game will feel less empty. And the characters wont feel so small. There's a kiss scene where I had to question if she kissed MC because she was so far away from the camera. Same for the navigation, there's so much empty space in all the locations, it all feels sterile.

2. The dialogue. From what I played, every event is between like 10 and 30 lines. That's barely a minute each. Let your characters talk. Don't be afraid to drag a scene out. Another issue is how they talk, which you unfortunately waved away with two lines saying they've all been educated to talk normally. What you could have done(and still could) is incorporated vernacular closer to their time and place of origin. Because all of these women have AT LEAST 200 years separating them. You have one from Japan ~900s, then 1300s and 1600s "Europe", next is 1800 America, 2500 "no origin given", and the last is a mystery box that is probably going to be part of the problem and feel bad about it and is forgiven one scene later. But I digress. Those were all opportunities to have words and phrases from all over to make talking more interesting. Which is a big issue because the dialogue is a little baby-ish and bland, hopefully things get a little better, but it does need to be worked on.

3. The UI. IT IS TOO HARD TO SEE ANYTHING. The sandbox UI is too thin and/or too small. The movement arrows are too hard to see. The tiny words on every room need to be brighter and have an outline, or move the tooltip to somewhere more visible and bigger.. The navigation buttons are too far apart. The floor levels or whatever they're called need a background to be more noticeable. And the questlog button needs to be more visible as well. And beyond that, one grip I have for ALL devs, is the DEFAULT renpy UI. Change the font, texbox, main and pause menus. I know it's tedious, but it will add personality to your game. I see glimmers of it, but with the default UI it makes it FEEL like there's no effort, which I can clearly see there is.

None of this is meant to be harsh, just real. There's a diamond in here somewhere, you just got start polishing.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Camera angles is certainly something I can work on, I’m hoping to learn how to improve the overall lighting as well though that probably won’t be seen until my next game.

As for dialog the quest do get longer the later into the game you get, though probably could benefit from getting longer still. As for how the characters talk, I considered making them more era appropriate at first but ultimately decided that it would probably be more annoying than it was immersive. I don’t plan on doing a complete overhaul but I can certainly look into incorporating a few era appropriate words or phrases.

Changing the default UI is something I’ve been meaning to do for a while now but have been putting off due to my artistic skill or rather lack thereof. Guess It is about time I bite that bullet.

Thanks again for the feedback. I genuinely do appreciate it.

Ceddot

Sorcerer's Paradox Developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Camera angles is certainly something I can work on, I’m hoping to learn how to improve the overall lighting as well though that probably won’t be seen until my next game.

As for dialog the quest do get longer the later into the game you get, though probably could benefit from getting longer still. As for how the characters talk, I considered making them more era appropriate at first but ultimately decided that it would probably be more annoying than it was immersive. I don’t plan on doing a complete overhaul but I can certainly look into incorporating a few era appropriate words or phrases.

Changing the default UI is something I’ve been meaning to do for a while now but have been putting off due to my artistic skill or rather lack thereof. Guess It is about time I bite that bullet.

Thanks again for the feedback. I genuinely do appreciate it.
Heads up, keep up the good work. You're doing great, even when it feels tough. You've got this..

Reactions: Aegis_Games
2.80 star(s) 4 Votes